Collagen is essential for a healthy body and healthy skin. It helps boost good gut health, hydrating the skin, keeping it fresh and supple, removing joint pains, connective tissue pains or bone pain, and increasing the strength of nails and hairs. Another vitamin most needed for collagen is Vitamin C, which also improves our skin health. Deficiencies of collagen and Vitamin C can result in the serious downfall of our health. Some of the reasons for collagen and vitamin C's poor production include ageing, sun exposure, genetics, and poor diet.
- Vitamin C for Skin: However, vitamin C is most essential for good health and body health. It is seen in the epidermis and dermis of the skin. It maintains and forms blood vessels, skin and bones. But since it is water-soluble, it cannot be stored in the body.
- Collagen and skin health: The most abundant protein of our body is made up of amino acids known as collagen. Amino acids are the building blocks of our bodies since they make up proteins. Proline and glycine are the forming of amino acids for collagen. Collagen is present in bones, skin, connective tissues and tendons. Almost about 1% production of collagen decreases every year as we start to reach our 20s. Collagen consists of many benefits like strong hairs and nails, enhanced and improved skin, fine line and wrinkles and increased development of collagen in the body.
- Making of collagen requires vitamin C. It has been shown in many preclinical studies that suggest that vitamin C improves collagen production and diminishes photo-damage like wrinkles and pigmentation.
- Wound healing is also promoted by vitamin C. A relation is also observed between vitamin C supplementation and increased bone healing following a fracture, as shown by pre-clinical studies. It is authorized by Health Canada to use Bend Marine Collagen + Co-Factors for wound healing.
- Vitamin for Hair: These tablets promote the growth of healthy hair and nails and it protects the skin against infection.
For Adults: Take 6 tablets daily. Take tablets with an empty stomach, or according to the recommendation of a healthcare professional. Do not exceed suggested dosage. Do not use it if the seal is broken or missing.
If you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medications or have any medical condition, consult your doctor before use. Discontinue use and consult your doctor if any adverse reactions occur.